I'm finally getting around to culling the archive of low-rated and useless threads (e.g. image dumps). I'm going to do one or two months' worth tonight and press on until the content is cleaned down in preparation for a server move in December. Someone's also working on getting the older archives' files up as torrents for me so it doesn't get messed up if I switch servers while seeding.
As usual, I'll be keeping the killed threads in a separate graveyard archive for a while so I can recover anything I may need or provide threads to any interested parties. On a related note, I've still got the graveyard files from last time, so if anyone needs them, now's the time to ask. (I was going to make a full torrent out of them as well, but I think the interest is low enough that I can simply FTP it at whoever really wants it. Yes, anon from like a month ago who was looking for a particular story thread and had no idea what it was called, hit me up on the IRC again and I'll give you the files.)
I've put this off for long enough, so with the deadline of jumping ship to the hosting provider's new datacenter, it's given me the incentive to finally get off my ass and do this thing. I'll keep this post updated with a running record of culled threads in a separate page so you can see what was removed.
Thread deletion progress
List of deleted threads
Total threads removed: 705
Total data: 5.3G
Completed: June 2011 (152), July 2011 (121), August 2011 (90), September 2011 (96), October 2011 (119), November 2011 (127), December (105)
- "Wherein /tg/ discusses baculae, dracoliches, and beats people up with their dicks. This thing is composed of sweat, calluses, homoerotic manlyness, body hair, bones and cocks!"
- "If a werewolf has sex with a dog, is it beastiality? - /tg/ thinks far too hard about questions that really do not need thinking." +5 after 31 votes. This was HOTLY CONTESTED and still came out positive.
- On a quest thread: "Part 1 doesn't exist. Don't look for it. We pimp out our mammoths like real niggas."
- "One anon firgures out how to make 17,773,437,500 gallons of blood per year in the name of Khorne." I love these kinds of broken math threa-oh. Period blood. Hilarious. Bonus points for "firgures."
- "Rape in games, can it be done?" Thankfully, -14 after 14 votes. Squad morale marginally restored.
- "dark heresy archives": +15 after 17 votes. Its OP is two MegaUpload links. That's it. Dear lone dissenting vote: ilu. <3
- Minecraft Quest. Fuck yourself.
- "/tg/ has a reasonable, intelligent, mature, and interesting discussion about sex in games. Includes some storytime." THIS IS A FLAGRANT LIE. IT IS ALWAYS A LIE. I've said I'll never add a filter to the archive for keywords, but 'sex', 'hilarity', and 'ensues' are really asking for it.
- "A troll thread turns good." AAAA LIAR LIAR FACE ON FUCKING FIRE
And now, some actual cool threads!
Site code and contents © 2007-2020 thisisnotatrueending.com. All rights reserved. Click here for legal information.
If you are under the age of 18,
please leave this site immediately. Asshole.