So, the plan is:
1. Darius and the Elf to Transylvania.
I think Spike would be good to also send, since he's pretty much our King of bullshitting, and being able to talk down Strahd or SotN!Dracula will be useful.
2. Droid to Pennsylvania to beam up data for the SCIENCE! team to science over
Works for me. Need to find out if these are viral zombies, magic zombies, parasitic zombies, or all three.
3. Data and the Silencers with Heather to Silent Hill
Also works, but I'm really scared about this one.
4. Wait for the Observer to finish searching Antarctica for the remains of Peabody's expedition.
5. Check for survivors in Korea or China
I think we should use Auror/Farseer scrying instead of a droid for this one, since there's a damn fierce storm near there.
Have Egon look into The Mist. The Storm has sensors. He mightn't be able to understand much, but he may have some input on how it works.
Have the UNIT, SCP, Delta greens, X-com squad, WHMs, Psions, Abjurers, Sandmen, TG squad, (rest of the) KI squad, Mobile Infantry, Madcat pilots, Destroid pilots, Starship crewmen, Tosh and Char tell each-other horror stories to pass the time. It might increase their plot savviness.