The TF Wiki fucking sucks.*
I know there's a lot of bitching about TFs, but this is about an online resources rather than TFs itself.
Apparently, stuff like pointing out Getter Robo was was made Giant Robos wielding axes "iconic", or the immense similarity between Prowl/Soundwave's glasses and Kamina's shades(yes I'm aware this isn't the first instance of funky glasses, but given the timing and stuff like Headmaster, it's unlikely it's not), they call it speculatey nonsense.
My deduction? The TF Wiki is run by a bunch of fucking circlejerks who can make whatever changes they wish, but whenever anyone tries to give due credit to where certain ideas in their precious series originated that isn't "one of them", they get shafted. Honestly, look at some of the shit they have on there.
- "The baby carriage carriing the baby with the russian hat bears some resemblance to Wheelie."
- "Blitzwing calls Blackarachnia an "insect". Since he surely knows spiders aren't insects, it's likely just an affectionate nickname. Not."
- When Megatron comes online, his first coherent words are "I am Megatron!", the same thing his movie counterpart said. (oh wow I never expected him to say this)
Now this is the really bad shit:
- "Speaking of Jurassic Park, Grimlock's roar sound a lot like the one from the T. Rex in that movie." (What??? It's a T-Rex roaring. Come on!)
- "When Lugnut overpowers Bulkhead, he comments, "Nothing moves Lugnut," similar to the minor X-men villain The Blob." (Um. Okay. I suppose if someone were to say "Nothing can stop this train!" this would be a reference to Juggernaut? Give me a break.)
- "The droning sountrack that accompanies the Dinobots is similar in tone to the theme that accompanies the T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day." (Similiar in tone? And to something? So pointing out references to Terminator 2 that are probably coincidences is fine, but pointing out similarities to the kind of anime which Transformers has always drawn influence is just pointless speculation?)
- "Bulkhead's "ghost" costume, with its constant cloud of pesticides at the bottom, coincidentally resembles "Pig-Pen's" costume from It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." (So they admit it's a coincidence, and that's okay? The Kamina shades thing is at the very least a HUGE coincidence as we haven't seen shades like that in the mainstream for a very long time if ever.)
Note that nearly all of these, except for the painstakingly obvious like Starscream resembling a macross jet, are WESTERN references, and mainstream ones at that.
Has anyone with the relevant skills thought about putting together a REAL Transformers wiki? The one that exists is just so ridden with "anti-fan", and anti-Japanese sentiment(they INSISTED that Lio Convoy be refered to as Leo Prime in his official article, based on the release of one LOC that was never shown in any way to be related to the original character, except in being a homage).
*yes I took this verbatim from a post on /toy/, it was too ridiculous to ignore